Mittwoch, 31. März 2010

Meli 'n' me

music: basshunter - now you're gone
mood: woeful

The last couple of days, my dear friend Meli from Germany was here to visit me. Now it is 6 a.m. and she just left for the airport. It is crazy how fast time is passing when you are having a good time!

The day she arrived, I picked her up at the airport. I had some confusing conversation with the taxi people to manage to get a taxi but it worked out. Roman mocked me because I wanted to pick her up and spend money for the taxi but it was worth it! After all, she took a plane to see me so I can for sure take a taxi to see her!

From the airport, we went more or less straight to Hunters to meet all the people. They kicked us out at two in the morning...

On friday, we went to school for lunch. There we met Christine and her boyfriend and friend from home. The weather was not very nice but they convinced us to join them on a walk to Puijo Tower. It was a great day, when we were up on the hill, the sun came out and it turned out to be a good decision. We had coffee in the turning restaurant on top of the tower (made me seasick) and a lot of fun on the slippery way down.

In the evening, we all went to Passion. The music was even more strange than usual (Backstreet Boys etc.) and the people in there looked certainly younger than 18, but we were a lot of people and had a lot of fun together.

Saturday morning, we went shopping for the 60's party. Kirsten found a great dress for me that I took. Afterwards, she was jealous because she liked it herself ;-). But she also looked great! I also got soooo pretty new shoes...

Meli and me stayed in the city center a bit longer while the others were having lunch. When we came back, the food was already gone, but Alessandro cooked something new only for us. That was really so nice!
We spend the afternoon with preparing food for an international dinner party in the evening. We watched and helped eating the legendary tiramisu and then made black forest cake with the rest of my cherries that my mum had sent me (still pissed by the fact you don't get cherries here!). The dinner was really good, it was pretty much impossible to try everything. After we were all full, we got dressed and went to the 60's party in Studentia. We were meant to take our shoes off but after some drink spilling, the floor was ruined anyway. The 60's music and the costumes were great. I will not tell everything that happened there, but it was a lot of drinking, partying and free love going on that kept us talking for days. We left with the last bus at 2 a.m. We had the feeling not to be drunk, so we had an afterparty with the vodka bottle Meli had brought from home. Now we know a lot of stuff about each other and I had a huge krapula the next day.
Sunday was "celebrate the hangover" - day with brunch at 2.30 and baking pulla in the afternoon.

On monday morning, I had class, after that we left for Helsinki (see next blog).
When we came back on tuesday night, Alessandro and Pavla were supposed to sing Karaoke (did I tell about the tradition that those who win in Bingo have to sing?), but there was a goodbye-party for Paulina and Pavla was sick so that was rescheduled. We went to Hunters anyway. Wednesday, I had to go to school to discuss a project work I have to do, then we went to the city center to go shopping once more and to visit the harbour. Now, spring has arrived to Kuopio, the snow is melting and there is a lot of mud and water everywhere. So the walk was a lot of fun! For dinner, we went to Harald's again. Complete satisfaction once more! We closed the evening at home (which is, of course, Hunters again) with playing Bingo. This time, nobody had to sing.
And now, Meli is gone...
Also Paulina and the Russian people already left. It is really weird. Next week, it will be three month here and only two more to go. I really missed Meli and was happy to see her. Also next week with my mom will be great. But it sucks that already, people are starting to leave and the time here is running out. Life will not be the same again and I start to wish our time here will not end.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen