Sonntag, 7. Februar 2010

Alcohol

music: lady gaga - bad romance (although Gio says it's not music)
mood: ruminative (Did I use that before? Also, could someone explain the real meaning?)

Today, we went for a beer in "our pub". After some time, a Finnish girl came over to our table and started talking to us with a really loud voice like "are you speaking English?". She was totally drunk at 9 p.m. She made herself comfortable, almost spilling all the drinks on the table while taking off her coat. She kept on telling us how her boyfriend hated her because she used to be a lesbian. He called her several times but she didn't want to go and see him as he "hated her". Also she told us that we should watch her porn movie and stuff like that. She was all alone and nearly passed out while sitting there. Eventually, Giovanni tried to take her home. She staggered around but somehow her boyfriend seemed to have called a taxi that took her. It could have been a funny event if it werent so sad.
In what kind of situation do you have to be to get yourself drunk to a point where you are talking nonsense to total strangers and completely lose control or consciousness about yourself? Also being totally alone without someone to take care of you? I would never get drunk like that and I would never drink alone like that!
When I am thinking or talking about my drinking habits at home a started to feel like an alcoholic here although it really is not that bad. I mean, I don't even drink every week and I had a hangover maybe twice in the last year. But now I think I should quit drinking altogether. I never want to find myself in a situation like the one we just witnessed.

We noticed that many Finnish people are really quiet and shy when they are sober but start to get really eager for contact when they are drunk. Maybe it would be better to get more self- confident in the first place so that you don't need to compensate so much while your barriers are down.
Another thing is that many people here sit in the bar alone and drink. The week before, a woman just sat on the bar by herself and just passed out and fell down.
Drinking alcohol in certain amounts and in company might be a nice thing, but it can have very dangerous effects. If that girl had met someone else, she could have been an easy victim for any rapist or she might just have fallen asleep in the snow and frozen. I think that high taxes on alcohol are not so bad after all...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen