music: flogging molly - sentimental johnny
mood: barely awake, thus not able to find complicated words
(footnote on top: don't trust the time values under the posts, I don't know in which time zone they are but they don't fit! Right now, as I'm starting to write, it is 09.38 a.m. in Finland.)
(footnote 2: posting here is a classical displacement activity as today, I got up at 8.30 to start working on either one of my presentations that are due next week but couldn't manage to get out of bed and when I finally turned on the computer I couldn't manage to start work)
Yesterday evening, my new flatmate was really into going out and dancing, as she is terribly bored at the moment. She even bought a huge box of beer for the pre-party. Bad for her that we found out that both possible clubs are closed on thursdays. See, Finnish people are weird!
Why would you close on thursday?
So we decided to go to "our pub" instead. When we arrived, there was a bingo game going on. We joined and Julia won the first turn. She got 20€ vouchers for shopping in either supermarket in town. Bingo is really fun! First, we felt a little weird but it keeps you busy while drinking and talking. Also, it is a little more complicated around here as you don't need to get lines, but certain patterns that are shown on the board. Julia also won the second turn but was only second to shout "Bingo". Still, she got another 10€ voucher. She was completely stunned because of her luck. Should have taken a picture of the look on her face...
We think that going for bingo might be more successful than trying to participate in Finnish quiz games.
So, tonight we will go clubbing. I was shopping yesterday and spent way too much on a gorgeous pair of jeans and several shirts that need to see the party light.
Now, I'm considering dedicating another post to how Valentine's Day is pissing me off but I guess I might spare you that...
PS: Funny event I forgot to mention! Last week, a Greek guy arrived here and he ended up in a flat with 3 girls. The Italian guys are jealous, also because he told Kuopas and they said he should stay there.
mood: barely awake, thus not able to find complicated words
(footnote on top: don't trust the time values under the posts, I don't know in which time zone they are but they don't fit! Right now, as I'm starting to write, it is 09.38 a.m. in Finland.)
(footnote 2: posting here is a classical displacement activity as today, I got up at 8.30 to start working on either one of my presentations that are due next week but couldn't manage to get out of bed and when I finally turned on the computer I couldn't manage to start work)
Yesterday evening, my new flatmate was really into going out and dancing, as she is terribly bored at the moment. She even bought a huge box of beer for the pre-party. Bad for her that we found out that both possible clubs are closed on thursdays. See, Finnish people are weird!
Why would you close on thursday? So we decided to go to "our pub" instead. When we arrived, there was a bingo game going on. We joined and Julia won the first turn. She got 20€ vouchers for shopping in either supermarket in town. Bingo is really fun! First, we felt a little weird but it keeps you busy while drinking and talking. Also, it is a little more complicated around here as you don't need to get lines, but certain patterns that are shown on the board. Julia also won the second turn but was only second to shout "Bingo". Still, she got another 10€ voucher. She was completely stunned because of her luck. Should have taken a picture of the look on her face...
We think that going for bingo might be more successful than trying to participate in Finnish quiz games.
So, tonight we will go clubbing. I was shopping yesterday and spent way too much on a gorgeous pair of jeans and several shirts that need to see the party light.
Now, I'm considering dedicating another post to how Valentine's Day is pissing me off but I guess I might spare you that...
PS: Funny event I forgot to mention! Last week, a Greek guy arrived here and he ended up in a flat with 3 girls. The Italian guys are jealous, also because he told Kuopas and they said he should stay there.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen