Montag, 22. Februar 2010

Weekly report

music: none (everybody is in bed right now so I can't have loud music - note the time: 00:12 - 00:58)
mood: almost sleepy, peaceful

Sorry for taking so long, but the last week has been quite busy. I guess I finished on sunday (14th) with the sledging accident...

Maanantai:
We were still on cake tryouts, so on monday we made chocolate mud cake with vanilla ice cream and after that pizza (Did we? I don't remember because we had a lot cake and pizza last week!). If pizza or not, the cake was really good, so was the company.

Tiistai:
On tuesday, we had our carnival party and, for the first time, the common room (pictures on facebook, to lazy to upload!). The common room is a big appartment with nice leather chairs, a radio on which you cannot turn down the volume, a crappy kitchen but with a working fridge and lots of friendly flatmates: ants. It is a big place, ideal for having parties. I spend the afternoon baking pulla with Julia. I noticed that the Italian guys indeed see my appartment as theirs as Giovanni rang the bell, opened, ran past me without even saying anything, went straight to the kitchen and shovelled around the drawers because he needed the rolling pin to make pizza. I guess he feels quite at home here!
I succeeded in finding a costume in the second hand shop. I bought a grandpa hat, a shirt and a tie and painted a beard to my face to dress up as my own grandpa. Considering the fact that we are in a country where there is no carnival, we had very creative costumes! I noticed that many people seemed to express their real personality: French dressing up as French, Roman dressing up as a Roman, for example. PJ even painted her tooth with black nail polish!
Carnival party was really fun.

Keskiviikkona:
On wednesday morning, we cleaned the common room. We got 20,75 € refound for the empty cans and bottles! The cleaning went quite well. Then, we had Finnish class. I don't remember if we did anything in the evening but I don't think so.

Torstai:
When I woke up on thursday morning, there were two Finnish girls standing in my flat. They told me that I would get a new flatmate on sunday and they were bringing some stuff for her. That news got me wide awake!
In the morning, I met with some Finnish pharmacy students to practice their German skills, but we ended up chatting in English and not really working. Then I met with Christine and Jakob to finish our presentation for friday (first real assignment here!).
In the evening, we went to see another ice hockey match. It was really hard and amazing and Kalpa won again 5:3! After that we went to McDonald's and then home.

Perjantai:
On friday, we had our presentation. The seminar lasted from 12 to 16.45 and was really annoying. The presentations were interesting but partly quite bad (you shouldn't copy - paste too much!!!) and always took longer than intended. We got nice comments on ours and it went quite o.k. I think. Anyway, the day was really exhausting. Luckily, Lisbet and Nele had gone on with the cake tryouts and in the evening, we finally got our winner cake! Recipe: http://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/1472871252236939/Australischer-Chocolate-Mud-Cake.html

Lauantai:
On saturday, we started the preparations for Lisbets birthday party in the evening: going shopping. We got Blue Curacao and Minttu and shot glasses and a lot of other stuff which we had to carry up the hill because we missed the bus. Then we made two more cakes and then, I went to the harbour with some of the Belgian girls and Damien (Belgian guy) to watch the ice skating marathon. It was almost over when we arrived but we were not so sorry because it was really cold. In the coffee house, we met not only the Italian guys and an old drunken Finnish guy but also our coordinator from the International Office. Btw, we got mails about our bad behaviour in the bus and in the student restaurant... I never behave badly and I know how to clean up my tray after lunch!
In the evening, we celebrated Lisbets birthday. It was a great party and I went to bed at 3.30. Don't know what else to tell about it...that's why I stole Nele's video again! Here it comes:



Sunnuntai:
On sunday morning, we wanted to have brunch and our new flatmate arrived. We had planned to make pancakes but we didn't have enough eggs. There was planty of food anyway. Pavla made pancakes filled with spinach and covered with cheese... delicious. Also there was salad, apples and carrots, cake, tiramisu, eggs and bacon, milk rice,... we were all really full and still wasted from the party. Finnish word of the day: Krapula (hangover). Also Pavla got a new flatmate who is friends with ours. They are Yadily and Gema from Gran Canaria and they are really nice! Yadily joined us for brunch and then went to wake Gema who slept. They had to travel from friday till sunday, no wonder she was tired! For the rest of the day, I was also quite tired. I slept in the afternoon and in the evening, we had girlie movie time.

maanantai:
Today I was very productive. I went to school to do Finnish homework, then we had Finnish class, then lunch, then meeting with pharmacy girls, then successfully preparing my huge presentation for wednesday. In the evening, we watched a movie and talked for a long time with Gema.

Schedule for this week:
tuesday: watching winter sports and smoke sauna
wednesday: presentation (argh!)
thursday: I forgot
friday: watching Korpiklaani in Henry's pub
tuesday: Kalpa against the first team of the league, Lukko

Yeah!!!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen