Samstag, 15. Mai 2010

F***ing birds






Or: The day where we lost Gio twice but found the sun! Also twice.
music: bob marley - sunshine reggae

mood: dazzled

Good morning!

I am afraid I have to lose my chronological order here but I have to talk about yesterday... it was legendary!

Yesterday was friday and Gio, Julia and Dovile had their last big exam. After that, we started working on a still secret project that I am going to share as soon as it's done... wait for it!
Anyway, we went to Prisma and went our seperate ways to do our shopping. When we were done, we met to walk home - except for Gio who was still missing. After several times of trying, he answered his phone and told us that he was already almost home. We were quite mad because he didnt wait for us but made us waiting for quarter of an hour, but he made it up by buying us ice cream (yes, we have 25°C and sunshine here!). That was the first time we lost Gio.
In the evening, we went to a lake to have a picknick and to watch the sunset. We meant to leave at 8.30, but Gio texted that he was still busy and would catch up later. We were a little concerned because he didnt know the way, but he wouldn't let us wait for him so we left. It was a beautiful walk (amazing enough, after several days of summer weather, on some of the small creeks along the way was still ice!) and we watched the sunset at the lake. We even witnessed the spring feelings of a seagull couple that were quite busy and quite noisy while reproducing. We assumed they were annoyed by us watching so the girl left and the guy followed her after a while. When we were about to leave, they came back.

All the while, we were still waiting and calling out for Gio. He called when he left and I tried to describe the way but I guess it was not a very good description. The second time he called he had found some Finnish guy. I told him the name of the spot where we were and he said he knew where it is and he sort of knew the way. The next time Gio called, he had walked more than one hour and was at some other lake, but not anywhere near us. He gave up on finding us then, had his own picknick with his new friend, whom he called Elisabeth Swan, and decided to try and meet us later. That was the second time we lost Gio.
After that new turn, and a lot of fighting with mosquitoes, we walked to Neulamäki Tower to watch the sun rise again in the morning. It was not really dark that night, there was still a stripe of light at the horizon that moved north- and then eastwards and eventually became lighter again. We settled ourselves on the tower with blankets and cookies and watched the sky. After a while, Gio came with some other people from our building whom he had met on the way. We were really releaved to see him and hear from his adventure. He didn't stay long, however, but went to bed. One after another, more people left, until we were only 5 waiting for the sunrise.
I said "It is getting lighter" a lot of times, but we still needed some patience to really see the sun. Also we were not the only ones who had this idea, during the night, lots of cars arrived and left again when they noticed the spot was already taken.
We needed really a lot of patience (and some running around the tower to stay awake), but at 2 am, it started to get light again and at 4.15 am, we saw the sun! It was incredibly beautiful and worth all the waiting! After the sun had emerged from behind the horizon, it vanished behind a cloud and rose up again. So we found the sun twice! Now it is 1.48 pm and I am still soooo tired, I guess I go back to bed. Hyvää yötä!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen