

music: dire straits - money for nothing (Well, actually none, as I'm in the library again, but that's what we had yesterday. Btw, I added pictures of me sleeping in the library!)
mood: let's recapitulate: excited, frozen, silly, smoked, cold again, sick, depressed, totally depressed, whatever, refreshed, happy, pissed, hungry, not so depressed any more, eager, relaxed,... that should summarize monday to thursday!
On monday, I had my one month in Kuopio anniversary. Quite spontaneously, we decided to go on a Finnish barbecue in the forest organized by some Spanish guy. Now, about Finnish barbecues... well, you'll see.
We met at 7 p.m. and started with waiting for about half an hour for some people that didn't show. One girl brought a dog by the name of Hugo (I guess Pekinese, but furry sausage would be the right description) that was not that much into people, let's put it that way. Killing spree would be another way... We considered different ways of preparing it for the barbecue.
When we finally started, it turned out to be some kind of Safari on a small track in the snow up and down the hill in the forest. Tricky thing was, in summer the area must be some kind of swamp as we were walking on wooden planks barely visible under the snow. If you missed a plank, you stepped into about 1 m of snow. That hurts! We were 30 people with maybe 5 flash lights, so this was exciting. The barbecue place was actually a fire place in the open air. So 30 people had to try to get a place by the fire and take turns in sitting down and grilling sausages on sticks (no rost or anything!). Nice idea: put bananas in the fire and when they are hot, open them and fill them with chocolate! I don't know at what time we were frozen but after a while, we walked back home (Hugo had to be carried both ways!) the same tricky way. On the way back, Diego delighted us with a performance of "Der ganze Bus der huepft olé olé" which in Diego- language is "Dee ganse Lus - alus olé olé". In front of our door, I made a beautiful snow angel. Inside, we realized that we smelled exactly like tar ice cream - smoked. After two days of leaving my jacket on the balcony, it still smells. Unfortunately, on wednesday the temperature dropped to -20 again so I couldn't wash the jacket. On friday, we will probably hit - 31, yeah!
Anyway, on tuesday I had a mean cold. People made fun of me because I got a cold from making a snow angel...
Tuesday sucked.
I was ill and stayed in except for a brief group meeting for a presentation. By 6 p.m. I was thoroughly bored but my headache kept me from studying. I skyped and hung out on the internet and felt so lonely that I was quite desperate for company. My ethical code prevented me from going to a birthday party (if I skip lectures I should not party the same day!) and I was really frustrated. So tuesday was baaaad day.
Wednesday got better. I was high on Aspirin Complex and went to Finnish lesson, library naps (Lisbet, thx again for the pictures!) and shopping. I redecorated my room (got rid of the glow in the dark hearts and found a print of the Northern Lights) which killed the rest of the depression from tuesday (together with the pain killers, haha!). Later, we had the next Italian pasta evening with Kaiserschmarrn as dessert, so it was all in all quite nice.
Today, I wanted to go ice skating but I was misinformed (the track on the lake is still full of snow) so I don't think I can go. In the evening, the new Belgian flatmates will have their first Onnela- evening and I am not going to miss this!
My throat still hurts a little and my nose keeps on running and my whole flat still smells like smoke. Happy Kuopioniversary!
Well, it did not hit -31° yesterday! Also not today...
AntwortenLöschen