Dienstag, 19. Januar 2010

Birthday



music: stevie wonder - happy birthday
mood: bright and shiny

Well, that took some time, but classes started and I was quite busy so I can do my birthday blog only today.
Anyway. On sunday was my birthday. The idea of being all alone in a foreign country had me scared quite a little, but I was, well, in a foreign country, though certainly not alone.
At first I waited until 2.30 p.m. for my mum to call after work but had forgotten about the time difference and that she would only return at 3.30 (my time). My dad wanted to wait for her to call me so there was no talking to my family on my birthday.
The reason for this was Erasmus family. At 3 p.m., we met to have coffee at the city center. There, we also met the Spanish girls. The Czech guys from the other university were also to come, but somehow they messed it up. It was quite crowded even without them. At about 5.30, we went on a sunday shopping spree because we are not used to open department stores at this time. Ale (great word, means sale, Ale Pupi or short for Alessandro) succeeded in finding a mocca (Espresso cooker).
Some of us had dinner at the kebab/pizza place, then we met at the Czech guys' place next to my apartment to watch Fight Club. At some time, their French flatmate retourned and started his own party in the same apartment. Somehow, my Czech guys were there as well. Later I found out that the French guy I've been talking to on facebook over the last couple of weeks had gone there straight from the airport, but we hadn't recognized each other. It was sooo funny when some girl opened the door to the movie room and started shrieking because she hadn't expected another 10 people in there. After the movie, we tried our best to mix the two parties, but somehow, that didn't work out. So we had still two parties in one place. Best thing was that it wasn't my place AND I got a birthday cake!
Thanks again to you all for your wishes and cake and so on!

PS: Got birthday present from one of the Finnish tutors on monday and my package from Melanie (great friend in Germany) on tuesday. Awesome!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen