Sonntag, 24. Januar 2010

Weekly report

music: aura dione - i will love you monday
mood: blablanananaaaaalalala

Monday:
I don't remember. Oh, I do, but I thought I already talked about that when in fact I had not.
So. Monday. We went to Ravintola Hunter (the pub to be in Neulamäki) to join the pub quiz there. We brought 3 Finnish tutors to help us translate along with about 25 other people. The place was so crowded after we entered! The barlady was quite stunned by that, she gave us student discount without asking for the student cards and eventually brought us some liquorice liqueur (funny!) on the house which happens next to never in any Finnish place and said she wants us to come back. We didn't win the quiz but it was still awesome. We have to do that again!

Tuesday:
Tuesday was a stupid day. After lecture, I went ice skating. The cracks in the ice were even deeper and I fell and bruised my knees pretty badly. In the evening, we went to sauna, because tuesday is always free sauna turn. The sauna in our house is really small so if there are five people in, there is almost no possibility of changing seats. Somehow, I didn't drink enough or didn't listen to my body and promptly fainted when I was outside and waiting for the shower. So, two things I really like and still am too stupid to do! Argh!

Wednesday:
Wednesday was supposed to be study day. I did a little something in the morning. Totally hilarious: In the online course I have to take the introductory test was a crossword! At noon, we wanted to meet with everybody to go to university for lunch, but some guys messed it up and had us waiting outside for 20 minutes. Our own fault that we didn't wait in the hallway, I know...
After lunch, I went to city center with an Austrian guy and did some shopping for birthday presents. When I returned home, I did a little more work for school and later, Kirsten came over to watch a movie. She just found out that she can move in with me, so from 1st of February, I'm not alone any more! Yeah!
Wednesday was also spooky day - see post before!

Thursday:
On thursday, we had class and after that, we met with a teacher to discuss the paper we have to report. In the afternoon, Iina (Finnish girl studying in Germany doing Erasmus in Finland) gave us some Finnish classes. It must have been so stupid to watch when we were sitting in the library repeating random words after her! In the evening we wanted to go and see a movie. We went to the cinema where we found out that we had mistaken the time and were too late. So we delayed that plan to saturday and went to the coffee house and dinner instead. Of course, everybody made fun of us!

Friday:
On friday, we went to school to order our tickets for the trip to Lapland (succeeded in rescheduling the test!). When the organisator appeared, everybody jumped at him like hungry wolves. It took a while, but we got our reservations done. So we are going to Lapland, yeah!
I finally got my package from my parents, including wodka (isn't it stupid to send wodka to Finland?)!
Friday was also Kirsten's birthday. I had the party at my place. It was really a success. By midnight, there were about 30 people in the place (and also in the hallway), even some we didn't know, the approximately 120 cans of beer, two bottles of wodka and most of the cakes were gone and everybody was happy. We started with about 7 cakes and wondered who would ever eat them, but that was not that much of a problem...

Saturday:
I started saturday cleaning up the place. Great applause for my dear neighbour who came over pretty early to help. He also managed to repair a broken window "McGyver"-style only by the use of his bottle opener key chain. When Kirsten and Julia joined us, we finished pretty fast.
In the afternoon, we finally got our cinema experience. The movie was nice (Sherlock Holmes, they made Jude Law look decent, wonder how that happened!) but a little spoilt by 8,60 € entrance fee (with discount!) and some 12 year old brats who had to prove they could throw popcorn and never need to whipe their nose (Why, making disgusting, snorting noises is way more fun!).
In the evening, I talked to my parents on skype for more than 3 hours. Made me happy!

Today:
There are still snowflakes outside, but I can see a little blue through the clouds... Maybe we can still go to the tower!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen