Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2010

First days at school



music: pink floyd - the wall
mood: grumpy

This week, classes finally started. Right now, I have one online course and two other classes. Next week, Finnish 2 starts (but they will still kick me out after the first lesson, I'm quite sure of that!).
The first course was about writing a scientific paper, I was in there with 4 other guys: We had to choose a topic ourselves (about water problems), had some lectures about how to write, then we have to do an oral presentation, write the paper and have it published eventually. This is amazing, I get to publish something!
The other guys seem really smart and eager, none of those adjectives really fits for me. But anyway, this is all library work and no more lectures....
The other class is about soil ecology. I have already heard some of this, but here, all the basics are stuffed into two lectures, and quite at random, so I'm really happy that I already know what they are talking about. Otherwise I would be quite lost. The next lecture will be about soil microbiology, I'm really looking forward to that! We also have to present a paper and to do an exam. What really troubles me is that the trip to Lapland is during the week where this exam is scheduled. I think I simply have to be very smart and try the second exam date. No failure allowed here!
I haven't started the online course yet but that is my plan for today.
Basically, classes here are held twice a week. The exams are in the middle of the term, then the next set of courses starts. So in March and April, I will have three more courses, though the teacher of one of those didn't accept me yet. In fact, he didn't answer my mail at all...
Stupid thing about school here:
There is not that much contact teaching, I have to do so much on my own. Not my style at all!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen