Mittwoch, 13. Januar 2010

Internationalisation

music: razorlight - wire to wire
mood: international

Oh dear...
My head is buzzing with all the different languages!
Today orientation wasn't that interesting, all kinds of people were presenting themselves. The guy from language center practically forced us (me and the other girl from Giessen) to sign up for Finnish 2 because we mentioned that we had already done a Finnish course. We will see how much good that does.
Then we took a tour to city center which I already have seen quite a couple of times. At least I finally got my bus ticket, yeah! After the tour we went to Ale Pupi (love the name, even more now that I now that ale means "sale") and had some hot liquor flavoured chocolate. One guy who is half-Finnish, half German really made our day by expressing all kinds of prejudices (he claims he just likes to be provocative but could also be serious, wonder how that will be like!) and trying to explain the word "Moosgummi" in some kind of Finnish/German/English mixture.
My task for today was to change the light bulb or rather "neon stick" in my bathroom which I succeeded in, so great day!
Forgot to talk about yesterday evening...
We went to the pub in our quarter which is basically crappy with Finnish people singing very sad love songs on the karaoke machine. It was quite entertaining, though because we were Italian, Austrian, Polish, German and Finnish and did a lot prejudice-, sports- and music- talking. The Italians were quite confused about the fact that in Finland, you are not served at the table in a pub or café but order at the bar. And by the so-called Turkish- Finnish "pizza" with kebab and pineapple topping. We didn't get properly drunk and I doubt that I ever will around here because even a beer costs like 4 € at least. Inspired by the karaoke singing, we decided to meet today to present the Polish girl with the Mamma Mia movie sing along version. The Italians tried to slip out of it but we didn't let them. So this night I ended up having like 10 persons in my 14 m2- room. But the guys brought beer (with a bear logo on the package, they went totally crazy for it!) and my Czech neighbour had Slivovice and made us try it, so we had fun and got really internationalized. At least my room looks like we had fun.
We watched the youtube video some guys made from their Erasmus stay here in 2007 and we have to start living up to the standard they set for us.
Cheers!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen